Prior to enrolling as a Virtual Drive Student the state requires that you view and agree to the terms of this contract:
Below is a list of items that must be completed before Virtual Drive may release the certificate of completion. Virtual Drive staff will conduct a thorough evaluation of each item to verify completion. If the student has not completed each item in a satisfactory manner, the certificate of completion will not be released.
1. The course you are taking is provided by a TEA licensed driver education
school entitled Virtual Drive Management L.L.C., #C2636 and is called Virtual Drive Driver Education Adult Course.
2. The contract fees are available to you by viewing the emailed receipt, which was provided to you on the day of enrollment. This receipt was emailed to the email address on record. Should you have any questions about the charges of this course, please contact Virtual Drive at 806-352-9558. The tuition fee for this course is $60. (Discounts may apply).
3. All charges for this course must be paid for in advance. Charges to your credit card occurred the day of enrollment.
4. Course Structure - 7 Lessons - Final Assessment
• Lesson 1 -41:03
• Lesson 2 -47:35
• Lesson 3 -46:44
• Lesson 4 - 1:09:17
• Lesson 5 -49:09
• Lesson 6 -41:47
• Lesson 7 - 1:23:04
o The student must start the course at the very beginning, Lesson 1, and follow the course sequentially through the Final Assessment. Each page must be viewed in its entirety.
o Virtual Drive staff has full access to activity reports, which shows the page completion as well as the time viewed. These activity reports will be monitored.
o Each module quiz must be taken before moving to the next module. The student may attempt up to three times for a higher grade but must wait 30 minutes before trying again.
o The student must pass the final test with a 70% or higher before becoming eligible for the certificate of completion. The student may attempt up to three times but must review the course between each attempt. Should the student fail the three attempts, he/she must request an extension to the course, re-take the course and pay 50% of the original fee.
5. Refund/Cancellation Policy -Should a student withdraw from the course within 72 hours of enrollment, the student is entitled to a full refund. If the student begins the course and withdraws, the student is entitled to a refund according to the refund schedule below. The refund is due to the student within 30 days of notification of cancellation. Should the student not complete the course, an additional $10 will be refunded back to the student to replace the postage/handling fee of the certificate.
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 1 - 89% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 2 - 77% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 3 - 65% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 4 - 45% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 5 - 32% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 6 - 21% of total cost minus $50 fee
• Discontinue after completing Lesson 7 – No Refund Allowed
6. Because this course is an Alternative Method Instruction (AMI) course, you will be taking this course online. You may begin this course at the time of electronic enrollment. This course is scheduled to end at the end of the 90th day from enrollment. You have 90 days to complete this course. This includes all assignments. This only includes classroom instruction and does not include any in-car instruction.
7. This 6-hour AMI course only includes classroom instruction and does not include in-car instruction.
8. The total fee for this class corresponds to the actual instructional cost.
9. The student verifies by this clicking the "agree" button that he/she is at least 18 years old at the time of taking this course.
10.The student must conduct himself or herself in an appropriate manner while posting on any and all forms of communication to the class or instructor.
11.All students will have access to their grades at any time during the course. The grades are posted online inside the Course Administration block.
12.VDDE is prohibited from issuing a ADE-1317 if the student has not met all of the requirements for course completion, and the student should not accept ADE-1317 under such circumstances.
13.This contract is good for 90 days from the date of enrollment. Should a student not complete the course in that 90-day period, he/she will lose all credit hours and would be required to begin the course from the beginning. A student may extend the course, which will require a new contract, if the student notifies Virtual Drive Management prior to the expiration of the contract. All credit hours will transfer to the new contract as long as the new contract is arranged prior to the expiration of the initial contract.
14.If a student fails the final examination in 3 attempts, they must take the course again in its entirety. In this case, tuition will be $25.
15.I have been furnished information on the school tuition schedule; cancellation and refund policy; and school regulations pertaining to absence, grading policy, progress, and rules of operation and conduct.
16.This agreement constitutes the entire contract between the school and the student, and assurances or promises not contained herein shall not bind the school or the student. The student should further realize that any grievances not resolved by the school might be forwarded to Driver Training, Texas Education Agency, 1701 North Congress Avenue, Austin, and TX 78701. The current telephone number of the division is (512) 9195313.
This course is extremely important and students must take this learning process most serious. If you have any questions regarding this contract or anything about this course, please contact Virtual Drive Customer Service at 806-352-9558.
Virtual Drive President